These are some decency, common courtesy, standards for bloggin’ borrowed from Arianna Huffington. We’re relatively sure, she wouldn’t mind.
We will delete comments that:
- are abusive or use excessive (we know how much that is, when we see it) foul language
- use ad homonym attacks, including comments that celebrate the death or illness of any person, public figure or otherwise
- contain racist, sexist, homophobic, or any other slurs
- are solicitations and/or advertising for personal blogs or websites
- are posted with the explicit or implicit ( we can tell when it is implicit, even if you can’t) intention of provoking other commenters or staff at Prairie Populists and Progressives.net
- plus, because as our anti-hero, Ronald Reagan said, “I paid for this microphone”; I can do whatever I think is required.
- nic switching and trolling are not acceptable. If that is your game, go elsewhere.
- keep it civil or deal with the consequences.
PrairiePopulistsAndProgressives encourages civil debate, however we will not tolerate disrespectful interactions. You may respectfully attack ideas, you may respectfully disagree. You will not be allowed to attack a person. This means you must behave as a polite, rational adult. If you behave like an undisciplined child, you will be forced to play elsewhere. If we have to delete your comment(s) more than one time, you will be considered for banning from this site. Everyone at this blog is an adult and is expected to behave as such. If you cannot get your opinions across without attacking another blogger or behaving in a belligerent manner, walk away from the keyboard until you can reframe your response to make it less aggressive.