Tag Archives: Party of No
Republicans appear ready to stand by the obstructionist strategy that failed to defeat health-care reform. “There will be no cooperation for the rest of the year,” McCain said on Monday. “They have poisoned the well in what they’ve done and how they’ve done it.” Senator Judd Gregg, meanwhile, said that the “the institution of Congress has been fundamentally harmed.” Gregg acknowledged, however, that health care could no longer be a winning issue for Republicans by November: “It’s very possible that people will not be as focused on this by next November.”
Read more at THE HILL.
A “fix” for The Party of NO!
THE alarm bell rings waking all the GOP Officials and the voice over the loud speaker says,
“HOUSE FIRE AT 1235 SUMMIT STREET GOP OFFICIAL FIRE HOUSE RESPOND!”
- Wow, if we respond then a larger fire occurs we will be focused on this house fire and not be able to respond to that larger fire!
- Oh, we need to wait, this may be God’s will that this house burns and to put it out might be against God’s will!
- You know we can not think about this fire or how we can put it out until we know how the DNC is thinking about putting out a house fire then we can start thinking about it!
- OH NO, if we respond to this house fire then we’re admitting there really is a problem and that would make it a reality!
- Well the cost of responding to this house fire is far too expensive, wear and tear of the fire truck, the gas to drive clear over there then to drive back, the water used to put the fire out, the possible damage to the equipment or injury to the firemen. Better to do nothing and hope that it does not spread!
- Does anyone know what opinions the residents at that house hold? Are they pro-life or pro-choice? Are they pro-gay marriage or pro-marriage? Are they for government ran health care or market driven health care? WE need to know because if we put their house fire out it may appear we are agreeing with them on social issues that we do not agree with!
- WE need to put out a statement that if we still had the House, Senate and the White house there would be no house fire!
All looked at each other in silent contemplation, then agreed. The statement was typed up and released and they went back to bed.