Hope you enjoy this post from Susan Keller as much as I did:
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but it looks like #45 is actually making America great again. Just look at the progress made since the election:
1. Unprecedented levels of ongoing civic engagement.
2. Millions of Americans now know who their state and federal representatives are without having to google.
3. Millions of Americans are exercising more. They’re holding signs and marching every week.
4. Alec Baldwin is great again. Everyone’s forgotten he’s kind of a jerk.
5. The Postal Service is enjoying the influx cash due to stamps purchased by millions of people for letter and postcard campaigns.
6. Likewise, the pharmaceutical industry is enjoying record growth in sales of anti-depressants.
7. Millions of Americans now know how to call their elected officials and know exactly what to say to be effective.
8. Footage of town hall meetings is now entertaining.
9. Tens of millions of people are now correctly spelling words like emoluments, narcissist, fascist, misogynist, holocaust and cognitive dissonance.
10. Everyone knows more about the rise of Hitler than they did last year.
11. Everyone knows more about legislation, branches of power and how checks and balances work.
12. Marginalized groups are experiencing a surge in white allies.
13. White people in record numbers have just learned that racism is not dead. (See #6)
14. White people in record numbers also finally understand that Obamacare IS the Affordable Care Act.
15. Stephen Colbert’s “Late Night” finally gained the elusive #1 spot in late night talk shows, and Seth Meyers is finding his footing as today’s Jon Stewart.
16. “Mike Pence” has donated millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood since Nov. 9th.
17. #45 has succeeded where thousands of history teachers failed – now everybody knows who Frederick Douglass was.
18. Melissa FREAKING McCarthy.
19. Travel ban protesters put $24 million into ACLU coffers in just 48 hours, enabling them to hire 200 more attorneys. Lawyers are now heroes.
20. As people seek veracity in their news sources, respected news outlets are happily reporting a substantial increase in subscriptions, a boon to a struggling industry vital to our democracy.
21. Live streaming court cases and congressional sessions are now as popular as the Kardashians.
22. Massive cleanup of facebook friend lists.
23. People are reading classic literature again. Sales of George Orwell’s “1984” increased by 10,000% after the inauguration. (Yes, that is true. 10,000%. 9th grade Lit teachers all over the country are now rock stars.)
24. More than ever before, Americans are aware that education is important. Like, super important.
25. Now, more than anytime in history, everyone believes that anyone can be President. Seriously, anyone.
Jim Wright, Stonekettle Station, was looking at the latest dispatches from Mar-A-Lago. He said he couldn’t help but compare them to some of the great Republican orators of the past. Here is how he thinks the Gettysburg Address may have sounded if delivered by #45 —
Gettysburg, November 19, 1863:
Forty-seven years ago, our fathers, who were great people by the way, great people, like my father, who I learned a lot from, I have to say I’m very proud of him, proud, and fathers, who did a tremendous job of founding this great country, which is just incredible. But I have to say we’re in trouble, trouble, Folks, because the Founding Fathers made deals that were, they weren’t good, they were great people don’t get me wrong, but, bad deals, Folks, bad deals which are catastrophic in terms of what is happening. People are saying we have made incredible progress, incredible progress, folks, on this continent, which as you know is the best continent. That’s what people tell me, I don’t know, but the liberty, people are conceiving in liberty, liberty babies, they come here and conceive the babies in the liberty and they’re bad people, some of them, some of them are good people too, the best, just tremendous people, and babies, which are dedicated to the proposition, Folks, the proposition that all men are created, some people believe that, equal, and they have tremendous equality, just really good equality, optimism, which to some people used to mean “oh that’s not good” but they’re now saying is “Oh, that’s good for jobs.” Very different, Folks.
Now we are engaged in a great Civil War. Yes, a very great war. Everywhere I go people are telling me it’s great, but the press won’t tell you that, the failing New York Times won’t tell you how great this Civil War is because, so dishonest. They have no respect for the Great American People who are so great, everywhere I go, the press, so dishonest. It’s terrible. The level of dishonesty is out of control. We have to talk to find out what’s going on, because the press honestly is out of control. The level of dishonesty, it’s crazy, Folks. We are here on the great battlefield, it’s great, really great, in that war, which is great. So tragic. People say that. And the jobs. Which they gave the lives for, to make America Great Again. Which is fitting, folks. Which the press won’t tell you about, not all the time, and some of the media is fantastic, I have to say, they’re honest and fantastic, but fitting. And proper. So we have to do this. Some of the things I’m doing probably aren’t popular but they’re necessary for security and for other reasons.
But in a larger sense, the greatest sense, which America is known for, we cannot consecrate, we cannot, folks, because ISIS – which is a mess I inherited – we cannot consecrate this hallowed ground, which so many men gave their lives for, bravely living men, so brave, and the dead, who struggled, Folks, they struggled, which is why we have to rebuild our military. Which is great. I love our military, tremendous respect, we have the greatest people, but it’s so bad, Folks. It’s depleted, it’s depleted. And the equipment, which I used. I used it. We have to rebuild it. Had great support in the Senate. They say Trump had the highest electoral win ever. I don’t know. That’s what they say. And I think one of the reason I’m standing here instead of other people is that frankly, I talked about we have to have a strong military. We can never forget what they did here, folks, so great. Very dedicated. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated to the unfinished work. The unfinished work, which is why I have ordered the construction of a Great Wall, which we have to start. We have to finish it, Folks, and mark my words the Confederates will pay for it. They’ll pay for it. To the last full measure. I’m going to put that in the deal, it’ll be a great deal, folks, I put it out before the American people, got 306 electoral college votes. I wasn’t supposed to get 222. They said there’s no way to get 222, 230’s impossible. 270 which you need, that was laughable. We got 306 because people came out and voted like they’ve never seen before so I guess it was the biggest win since maybe James Buchanan. So we highly resolve, Folks, that these dead, which are great, the best dead, which didn’t die in vain, that this nation, under God who gave birth to Freedom, God gave birth, Folks, to Freedom, so that government of the people, which has not been in contact with the Russians, who I’ve never spoken to, I have no business in Russia, and I said that very forcefully but most of the papers won’t tell you that, but the people, the government people, of the people, which is why I’ve put the hiring freeze in place because too many people were being hired by the government. Crazy. It was just crazy, Folks, people, by the people and for the people, the worst people but some of them were good maybe, I don’t know, that’s what they tell me. We have great people. Who will not perish, Folks, they will not perish from the earth.
I’ve noticed Trump does a lot of saying patial sentences, then will start on a totally different issue, then go back to the first sentence but yet somehow at the end of all that Word Salad – Trump has managed to not say a damn thing.
But this man still manages to piss on everybody that he labels as liars and/or losers.
I’m sure you’ve all heard the news how Trump has baffled the country of Sweden when Trump said at his Saturday rally about ‘what happened last night’ in Sweden.
Trump has that rare talent that he can piss off the most serene country like Sweden – who has not done a damn thing to us – and has not even been drawn into Trump’s Alternative Facts FantasyLand until now.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 124 other followers
Sign me up!